Hardware tuning is modification of the performance or appearance of your PS3 Console. It is a way to personalize the characteristics of a Console to your unique preference. With over Six Years of Specialized PS3 Repair Experience and our state-of-the-art workshop, you’re in the right hands!
Why Choose Us?
UP to 1 Year Warranty!
Top Quality Repair Parts and Servicing Equipment.
After Service Support plus Access to Information Forums.
Turn Around Time = 2 to 10 working days.
@ConsoleExtreme If you’re looking for Cheap! and Low Quality! You’re at the wrong Place.
:: PS3 Storage Memory Upgrade Services ::
Hybrid Hard Drives take advantage of the speed of a solid state drive and the reliability of a traditional hard drive. These drives are quickly becoming the best choice for upgrading your PS3s hard drive. They are 70% faster and will cut your load times down. With a 32 MB cache and 7200 rpm plus the solid state components this thing is super fast.
If you are going to upgrade your HDD why not replace it with the best technology on the market! If you let us do it we will make sure you get a compatible drive.
These drives come with a 1 year manufactures warranty. If you want an INSANELY fast PS3 HDD, this drive is for you.
Data transfer is included in the prices.
- 500GB SSD/HDD Hybrid Drive :: R1,550
- 750GB SSD/HDD Hybrid Drive :: R1,950
Momentus series brings quality and reliability to high-performance to the PS3 Console. Since most games run majority of their content from the PlayStation’s internal drive you will notice a significant improvement in Performance.
More noticeably, the 500 GB (or higher) hard disc drive allows you to save games more games as well as download content from the Internet.
With 16 mb cache and 7200 rpm these run HDDs can run circles around your factory drive.
These drives come with a 1 year manufactures warranty. If you want a fast PS3 HDD, this drive is for you.
Data transfer is included in the prices.
- 500GB Drive :: R1,050
:: PS3 Overheating Protection ::
[UPDATE | 13 August 2012]
Over the past week a steady stream of PS3 Consoles with YLOD have been coming in due to the CEX to DEX modification. Please note that using DEX causes MORE STRESS TO THE CONSOLE hence more heat is generated by the CPU and RXS hence creating Thermal conditions ripe for YLOD!
To be straight! – If you have CECHAxx to CECHMxx. Your risk of YLOD (Overheating Type) after a few weeks of using DEX is so high, its almost a Certainty.
[UPDATE | 17 September 2012]
The Most Recent game Releases in 2012 pull more Juice from the CPU and RXS. You may have noticed that your Console’s fan tends to run significantly louder when playing more recent games. Problem is; more heat is now generated by the CPU and RXS by these games hence creating Thermal conditions ripe for YLOD!
This is very Common in the CECHAxx to CECHMxx and SLIM 120GB Versions.
Your Options are;
- Get the Fan Ventilation Modification and give your Old Console the Edge that it needs!
- Wait for it to YLOD and Pay 3 Times the cost of “Option 1” by not Choosing it early enough.
After a rather expensive RSX Reballing of a PS3 Console hit by the YLOD (Overheating Type), most people are absolutely dumbfounded when they are revisited by the YLOD error, that’s usually when we get contacted for information about how our service differ’s from the one they just paid about R900 for :-(.
Without going into too much detail considering most people are too impatient to read these day anyway…
Its common knowledge that YLOD (Overheating Type) is cause by Thermal Stress. Thermal Stress is basically accelerated by the inefficient dissipation of heat generated by the CPU and RXS. The older the console the more inefficient this heat dissipation gets over time due to – In more basic terms “Wear and tear”. Hence creating and increased temperature gradient (more thermal stress) which in time causes the solder joints to crack and then — BAM!.. YLOD (Yellow Light Of Death).
There are over a Dozen different components in the PS3 that make up the Thermal Control System. Some located in unexpected devises for example within the 15 Blade / 19 Blade Internal Cooling Fan Circuitry for PS3 ALL Fat Models that if not working proper will undermine the work done by the other component and create Thermal conditions ripe for YLOD in time (varying depending on stress levels on the console).
The below Service is for Consoles that have undergone YLOD (Yellow Light Of Death) repairs elsewhere and are still plagued by the problem Occasionally.
*The Console must be able to Come On to use the below service, if not please choose our comprehensive Yellow Light Of Death Repair Service which involves identifying and repairing the component(s) among the Thermal Control System which created the Thermal conditions that caused the YLOD in addition to the High quality reball or reflow work.
PS3 Repairs | Fan Ventilation Modification :: R500 (All Inclusive)*
Initially Reserved for Gaming Centers & Extreme Gamers Only. These Mods are now recommended for above Average Gamers who run newer games that tend to put more stress to the older PS3 Consoles.
As a general rule, “electronic components last longer the Cooler they run”.
These Mods are also available as Upgrades (Also Includes Extension of Warranty)* of existing services listed below;
- PS3 Repairs | Yellow Light Of Death
- PS3 Repairs | Thermal Control System Replacement / Repair
- PS3 Repairs | Freezing Graphics – Basic Overheating
By design the PS3’s Internal Cooling fan cools the CPU and RXS using “recycled air” that has already been raised in temperature by the Power Supply Unit and other components of the PlayStation 3 System. It causes a fairly hot but regulated temperature buildup, however withing safe operating conditions when the PS3 Console is still relatively new due to efficiently operating temperature sensors.
However with Older consoles (3+ years old) especially refurbished units, thermal stresses pose a very real problem. Temperature variants that normally wouldn’t pose an issues on newer units will very quickly cause the solder joints to crack on older units due to the susceptibility of the old motherboards to thermal stresses and then — BAM!.. YLOD (Yellow Light Of Death).
This Simple but HIGHLY EFFECTIVE MOD, gives a steady supply of fresh cool air to the CPU and RXS thereby successfully dropping the internal temperature of the Console By Over 18 Degrees Celsius hence keeping the Console Super Quiet and Arctic Cool.
- By design the PS3’s Internal Cooling Fan has enough power to literally cool 3 Consoles Simultaneously when in FULL SPEED hence a 3rd Party secondary fan is an absolute waste of time.
- The Fan Vent Mod does not increase the amount of dust the PS3 will pull in, infact dust is as easily blown out as it is sucked in, hence its way more easier to clean without even opening up the Console.
- Replacement of Thermal Paste UNDER the HeatPlate with our Proprietary Thermal Paste (5 times the thermal conductivity as Arctic Silver 5)
- Replacement of Thermal Paste ABOVE the HeatPlate with our Proprietary Thermal Paste (5 times the thermal conductivity as Arctic Silver 5)
- #Note.. Without the above done, the Mod will be Inefficient at dissipating the heat released by both the CPU and RXS.
PS3 Repairs | 19 Blade Internal Cooling Fan :: R500 (All Inclusive)
The First and Second Versions of the PS3s came with the superior 19 Blade fan, however to cut production costs SONY switched to the 15 blade shortly after launch. Less Blades Less Cooling!!! — More Blades More Cooling!!! “Simple”
Please Note – Replacing your fan with this 19 Blade Version wouldn’t take away any existing sensor related overheating issue. This is simply a replacement for a defective fan or an upgrade for a mildly Overheating Console.
OTHER RELATED PS3 SERVICES
:: Get Your Console Serviced Now ::
FOR STANDARD PICK-UP & DROP OFF
[tabs slidertype=”top tabs”] [tabcontainer] [tabtext]Drop Off Locations (Cape Town Only)[/tabtext] [tabtext]Pick-Up and Delivery Service (Countrywide)[/tabtext] [/tabcontainer] [tabcontent] [tab]
[learn_more caption=”CLAREMONT | CAPE TOWN (Click For Details)”]
Map Address: Protea Place, Cnr Protea Rd & Dreyer Street, Claremont, 7708, Cape Town
GPS Location: -33.977837,18.463581 [View In Google]
Operating / Business Hours: Mon “ Fri : 09h00 “ 17h00 | Sat : 10h00 “ 13h00
What to do at drop-off location…
- You drop off your Console, Complete a Form and get a Unique Tracking Number.
- Console arrives at our Workshop, then an Update Notification is sent to you Via SMS or Email. All status update are available to you here http://track.cextreme.com/ using the details provided when Update Notification is first sent.
- If a Quote is requested, a quote is then sent to you while repairs on your console is kept on hold until a Confirmation to proceed with repairs is given.
- Console is then Repaired your Invoice Sent :: Once Payment is Received.
- Console is then returned to your Initial Drop off point, please ensure to bring the original slip Issued to you at Drop Off.
- [STEP1] Complete and Submit the Pickup Request Form Below
[learn_more caption=”Click to Open Pickup Request Form”] [si-contact-form form=’3′] [/learn_more]
- [STEP 2] Carefully follow the Instuctions emailed to you.
- [STEP 3] Console will then Collected by our Couriers at your Preset Date
- [STEP 4] Console arrives at our Workshop, then an Update Notification is sent to you Via SMS or Email. All status update are available to you here http://track.cextreme.com/ using the details provided when Update Notification is first sent.
- [STEP 5] If a Quote is requested, a quote is then sent to you while repairs on your console is kept on hold until a Confirmation to proceed with repairs is given.
- [STEP 6] Console is then Repaired your Invoice Sent :: Once Payment is Received
- [STEP 7] Console is then Shipped out on the Same or Next working day.
Pick Up and Delivery Rates;
R300 = Broader Western Cape, KwaZulu-Natal, Gauteng
R400 = Eastern Cape, Free State, Limpopo, Mpumalanga, North West & Northern Cape.
[/tab] [/tabcontent] [/tabs] PS3 Repairs – Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.